Are you looking for a competitively priced Android smartphone intended for entry-level classes? Then this Xiaomi Redmi 7 is an interesting option! The Chinese Xiaomi often knows how to market good phones at a reasonable price, and this Redmi 7 is a good example!
Because with this Redmi you get a 6.26-inch display and no less than three cameras. The device is powered by a Snapdragon processor and the 4000mAh battery ensures a long battery life. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie with a touch of Xiaomi. As mentioned Redmi 7 targets the entry-level market that is lower than the Redmi Note 7.
In this article, we have compiled everything you should know about this Redmi 7 smartphone. Without further ado, let’s get down into business.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Preview and Features
Redmi 7 uses an LCD panel measuring 6.26 inches with a resolution of 1520 x 720 pixels (HD +). The Redmi 7 screen uses a notched waterdrop or Xiaomi calls it Dot Drop.
Redmi, Xiaomi’s sub-brand, has two rear cameras that are 12MP and 2MP respectively. Aperture f/2.2 and 2MP secondary camera for taking bokeh photos. The ability of the rear camera of the Redmi 7 is also supported by AI scene detection that is able to recognize 27 different conditions. While the selfie camera has an 8MP resolution.
Given the other specifications of Redmi 7, there is a headphone jack and infrared blaster (IR Blaster) that can be used as a controller for TV, DVD and AC.
On the back of the Redmi 7, you will find the fingerprint scanner. This sensor makes a quick scan of your finger so that you have unlocked your device within a fraction of a second. The scanner is also very safe, only you have access to your smartphone!
In addition to space for a memory card, there is room for a second SIM card. With a second sim, you can be reached on two telephone numbers at the same time. Handy if you like to keep work and private life separate on one smartphone!
With this Redmi 7, you will never be without power. The phone has a large 4000mAh battery that provides enough power to reach the end of the day, and maybe the end of the day after. With this Xiaomi smartphone, you are less dependent on the power outlet, and that is great!
Under the hood, it is powered by Snapdragon 632 processors that ensure modest gaming performance. There are two variants of RAM and ROM combinations offered by Redmi –Redmi 7 variant 2GB / 16GB variant and the 3GB / 32GB variant with Android Pie 9.0 which is based on the modified MIUI skin from Xiaomi itself.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Key Specs
Here are the Redmi 7 key specifications…
|Display||6.26-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1520 pixels|
|OS||Android 9.0 Pie OS (MIUI 10)|
|Processor||Octa-core 1.8GHz Qualcomm SDM632 Snapdragon 632 (14 nm)|
|Storage||16GB / 32GB ROM + 2GB / 3GB RAM (MicroSD card up to 512GB)|
|Camera||12MP + 2MP Rear/ 8MP Front (With LED light)|
|Price||N40,000 – N50,000|
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Photos
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Availability and Price
The Redmi 7 launched in March 2019; it is available in colours Blue, Black and Red. You can order the phone from the following online shopping markets using any of the links below.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 2GB /16GB variant retails at ₦40,000 in Nigeria while the Redmi 7 3GB/32GB variant retails at ₦50,000. (CLICK TO BUY XIAOMI REDMI 7 or SEE MORE PHONES UNDER ₦50,000).
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Full Specifications
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie OS (MIUI 10)
- Processor: Octa-core 1.8GHz Qualcomm SDM632 Snapdragon 632 (14 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Memory: 2GB RAM / 3GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue, Red
- Dimension: 158.7 x 75.6 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 180g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM
- Display: 6.26-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1520 pixels (269PPI)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: Dual
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 1.25µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, depth sensor
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Front Camera Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 16GB / 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Player: XviD/MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4,000mAh non-removable Li-ion battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes
Where to buy Xiaomi Redmi 7
CLICK HERE TO BUY REDMI 7 in Nigeria.
More on Xiaomi Phones: